Projects aligned to the environments pertaining to the current and futuristic requirements so as to mould effective Aeronautical Engineers with requisite proficiency levels
Commence Post Graduate courses in the areas of Aircraft Structures, Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Avionics etc
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in the year 2014. The first batch of students was inducted in 2014. All the necessary laboratories have been established. A new building block for the department is under construction and is expected to be completed in the current year.
The primary objective of the department is to prepare industry-ready Aeronautical technical manpower resources with sound vocational and technology management orientation.
An MOU was signed with EDEX Academy, New Zealand in February 2016 to facilitate Vocational training, Internships, Faculty exchange, PhD programs with scholarship, Masters program with scholarship in New Zealand as and when feasible.
1. Technology Management: The graduates of the program will have adequate knowledge in Aeronautical Engineering and associated subjects that will help them to successfully manage technology in industry, research, defence and academic sectors.
2. Professional Development:Graduates will be able to synthesize data & derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
3. Professional Ethics and Social Responsibility:Graduates will endeavour to uphold highest levels of professional ethics and will strive to bring in positive impacts for the betterment of the society.
1. Conceptualize Design, Development, Testing, Manufacturing, Repair and Maintenance of Aerospace Systems:Ability to update and apply the knowledge acquired for aerospace product development and realization.
2. Awareness of Regulatory and Specification Requirements:Use the standard government regulations/specifications for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts and perform various maintenance related works and synthesize information / data from various sources of Aircraft operations.
3. Ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
4. Effective communication and presentation skills.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD