The SJCIT Library is an Important Learning Resource Center with Open Access system encouraging the user to browse freely in the stock area. The library is housed in a spacious block . As on date the center has 79,940 volumes of books, Periodicals/magazines, VTU CONSORTIUM e-Resources subscribed. The library comprises of reference section, Periodical section, stock area , Internet & Digital library.
Library also has collection of newspapers, journals back volumes, compitative exam books, GATE question papers and VTU UG/PG previous years question papers and syllabus of all the branches. The library provides the information and reference in the academic programs also to current technology and innovations in different fields. There are also a vast array of materials that provides insights and information to enhance overall development and personality.
Free internet facility for students.
Working Hours : 8.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. (Monday to Friday)(Incl. Reference Section) : 8.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (Saturday)
Issue Section : 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) 8.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (Saturday)
Circulation of Books
The Books meant in the Stack area books will be issued for borrowing for a fortnight.
Classification of Books
The books are arranged as per the call number, subject name and class number are indicated in the side of the rack. The books are located through the call number, course wise in the rack.
Recall of Books
The books will be called back during the stock verification and every semester.
Reference Books are meant for in-situ reference only however, there is a provision of borrowing by the faculty members for overnight issue.
Book Bank Facility
This facility is provided to the SC / ST category students, an additional of four books apart from the books in the general stack area every semester.
Inter- Library Loan Facility – DELNET
The non available books, journal articles, manuscripts are borrowed through DELNET for the readers of the library.
User Awareness Programme
Library facilities and services orientation programme is conducting every year for the new students.
Rules and regulations for Library Users
* Silence to be maintained.
* No discussion permitted inside the library
* Membership Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
* No personal belongings allowed inside the library.p>
* Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken Inside the library.
* Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or Headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
* Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before Entering library
* Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library To the staff at the entrance counter.
* The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the Member shall return the same immediately.
* Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
* Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken any where in the library premises (Chocolates, Juice)
Care of Library Books
Books will be issued to the students for 14 days only. In the last page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
If the books are lost, pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the Librarian.
Care of library borrower cards
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of Borrowers cards
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.25/- per card.
Validity of cards
Library borrower cards are valid for the respective academic year only and fresh cards will be issued for each year. At the end of the academic year borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No Due Certificate
Each staff and students shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any
Circulation Counter Instructions
* For making the Library Card, two Stamp-size photographs are required.
* Two Library cards are issued to each student for 1 year.
* Library Cards are non-transferable.
* The holder of the membership card is responsible for the books borrowed by him/her.
* Students can borrow two books for reference purpose against college identity card at a time from the Library.
* No books will be reissued without presenting them physically.
* Borrowers may check the books while getting them issued.
* Current periodicals and rare books are to be used in the Library and will not to be issued for external use.
* If mutilated or lost, the borrower will have to replace the book with a new copy or pay the DOUBLE amount of the current price along with the over due charges if any.
* If the membership cards are lost, the Librarian should be informed immediately. In genuine cases a duplicate set may be issued on payment of Rs.25/-. And for that an application should be made to the Principal.
* The Computer terminal/s (OPAC) provided for students to search and requisition of books shall be used with atmost care.
* While taking NOC from library, students are required to submit their library cards to the Circulation coun
Digital Library Services
Online e resources are subscribed to all the Programmes viz. Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MBA through the VTU E–Resources Consortium. These resources are IP based and can be accessed anywhere in the campus only. They are made available through the college website http:www.sjcit.ac.in/library.html
We automated our Library by using Library Management Software LIBSUITE Educational Which helps to automate Library housekeeping operations.
We Bar-coded the Library Stack. Barcode is the one of the latest technology which helps in circulation (Issue and returning) of the books.
This section has Question Papers, Encyclopedia, dictionaries, and Text books reference books, Competitive books (I.A.S., K.A.S., PGCET, GATE, etc.) which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
Journals Section: (National and International Journals)
In these section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged department wise. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meat only for reference within the library and if required students/ staff can get them photocopied.
E- Resources are available and the online resources through AICTE users can access below mentioned websites from any of the computers on the internet of the college.
Institutional Library Membership
VTU Consortium e-resources
The free, monthly news letters for academics, students, teachers, engineers and scientists and social scientists.
Find articles, key websites, books, the latest industry news, job announcements, ejournals, eprints, technical reports, the latest research, thesis & dissertations and more.
The preeminent Internet Publisher of literature, reference and verse providing students, researchers and intellectually curious with unlimited access to books and information on Web, free of charge.
Other useful links
IISC-Bangalore (http://www.library.iisc.ernet.in/ )
IIT-Mumbai ( http://www.library.iitb.ac.in/ )
IIT-Delhi ( http://web.iitd.ac.in/~library/ )